Fantastic gameplay, terrible music.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
What is Hack Grid?
Hack Grid is a hacking-themed puzzle game and love letter to the retro charm of DOS gaming, both in visuals and audio! Dive back into the 80's and become a hacker!
How to play
Each piece is unique, and has its own set of rules; some move, some change color, some absorb other pieces, and others can become obstacles and get in your way! It's up to you to solve each grid's puzzle by moving the pieces until there's only one left on the board.
Hack Grid emulates the iconic Sound Blaster 16 audio that all DOS gamers know and love.
- 90 levels with increasing difficulty
- Speedrun mode with built-in timer
- In-game jukebox. Choose which songs from the retro soundtrack you want to hear.
- Colorblind support
- Mouse only controls, with re-bindable hotkeys
- Not a fan of the CRT-look? Turn it off!
- 8 languages available (Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, German, Hindi, Russian and Spanish)
Can you become a master hacker? It's time to find out! Just remember - only one piece must remain!
Maste Levels DLC
Want more challenging levels? Test your wits in Hack Grid's Master Levels!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Jan 22, 2021|
|Made with||Pyxel Edit, LMMS, Audacity, Godot|
|Tags||2D, Casual, Difficult, DOS, hackgrid, Hacking, Mouse only, Retro, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||Czech, German, English, Spanish; Latin America, Finnish, Dutch|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- DLC and new version!Feb 26, 2022
- Hotfix v1.3.1 - looping musicAug 04, 2021
- Firewall Release!Jul 23, 2021
- Firewall Update AnnouncementJul 08, 2021
- Bug & crash fixes - v1.2.5Mar 14, 2021
- Bug fixes - v1.2.2Feb 15, 2021
- Bug fixes - v1.2.1Feb 12, 2021
- CRT ShaderFeb 07, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Would love to see an android version. Touch would fit perfectly.
I loved the game very much. Loved it's soundtrack, it's hardness (that isn't impossible), cool font and best thing
simple gameplay it doesn't hurt your eyes in seeing and not hard to control gameplay 😀😀
didn't found a bug yet means developer works hard in it.....
I will recommend you to play this game, It is now in one of my favourite games on itch. I am gonna follow Daisy Games, loves this game 😘😘😘
Good stuff. 👌
Enjoying the game - about 20 more levels left to beat.
Runs great on Ubuntu for any other linux users.